The most popular travel destinations in 2022 were mostly in Europe, with the United States coming in tenth on the list. Where did tourists journey to in 2022? The Visited travel app has the results, calculated by over 1.5 million users. You can use the Visited as your bucket list tracker, for personalized travel stats and map your travel journey.
According to Visited’s 2022 Travel Report, these are the top 10 most visited countries in 2022:
- Italy comes in number one on the list as the most visited country in 2022, with 13 percent of Visited users traveling to the Mediterranean nation. With a rich history including ancient Roman ruins, delectable wine and cuisine, and a mild climate, it’s no wonder that Italy is a top travel destination.
- Spain is tied with Italy for the most visited destination in 2022. The southern European country has beautiful beaches, stunning architecture, and plenty of art and cultural attractions in the cities of Barcelona and Madrid.
- France was the third most visited country in 2022, with 12 percent of Visited users traveling to the nation. France offers incredible sightseeing, world-renowned chocolate and cuisine, and luxury experiences in the city of Paris as well as a bountiful wine country, historic palaces, and more.
- Portugal is tied with France and Greece for the number three spot, with 12 percent of users visiting the country in 2022. Portugal entices travelers with its warm climate, pristine beaches, laid-back lifestyle, and budget-friendly travel options.
- Greece also has 12 percent of users who have traveled to the country in 2022. The southern European nation serves up tasty fresh food and wine, gorgeous views, ancient sites, and plenty of sunshine.
- The Netherlands is a popular destination for its cultural attractions, and art museums – including the Van Gogh Museum, and the famed canals and Red Light District in Amsterdam.
- The UK attracted 11 percent of Visited users in 2022. The British nation has a rich history, complete with castles and world-renowned museums and entertainment in London as well as ancient sites like Stonehenge.
- Germany also garnered 11 percent of Visited users in 2022. The European country offers medieval castles and towns as well as a lively art and entertainment scene in Berlin.
- Austria drew in 11 percent of Visited users in 2022. Austria delights tourists with its magnificent architecture and historic buildings as well as the Vienna State Opera, the most popular opera house in the world.
- The United States comes in at number 10 on the list, with 10 percent of international travelers visiting the U.S. in 2022. The North American nation attracts tourists to the skyscrapers and sites in New York City, the beaches and Hollywood attractions in Los Angeles, and U.S. National Parks, with mountains, beaches, forests, and canyons.
Have you been to any of the most visited countries in 2022? Check off where you’ve traveled, see more top travel destinations, and get your personalized travel stats all in the Visited app.