The top tallest buildings in the world offer magnificent city views and incredible feats of modern architecture. More than half of the most visited buildings are located in New York City, United States, with others in Dubai, Lumpur, and Chicago. The most visited buildings are ranked by the travel app Visited, which allows users to mark off places they’ve been. You can browse over 50 more top travel lists, get a custom printed map of your travels, and more using the Visited app.
Here are the top tallest buildings in the world according to Visited:
- 1. Empire State Building is the most visited skyscraper in the world. Located in Midtown Manhattan in New York City, U.S., the Art Deco building stands 102 stories high and offers incredible city views from the observatory on the rooftop.
- 2. One World Trade Center in downtown New York City is the tallest building in North America. The original World Trade Center was destroyed in the terrorist attack on Sept. 11, 2001, and the rebuilt World Trade Center complex now stands 1,776 feet (541 meters) tall, in honor of the year the U.S. Declaration of Independence was signed.
- 3. Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest building and is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and offers incredible views on the building’s upper floors. The opulent skyscraper is 829.8 meters (or 2,722 feet) high with a roof height of 828 meters (2,717 feet).
- 4. Trump International Hotel and Tower in New York City is a 52-story luxury hotel and skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan.
5. Petronas Tower 1 is half of Petronas Twin Towers, skyscrapers located in Lumpur, Malaysia. The twin towers are the tallest twin skyscrapers in the world.
- 6. Petronas Tower 2 is the other half of the Petronas Twin Towers, 88-story-high buildings in Lumpur, Malaysia. The buildings include a luxury retail complex at the foot of the towers.
- 7. Central Park Tower is a luxury residential skyscraper located along Billionaires’ Row in Midtown Manhattan. The building includes 98 stories and stands 472 meters (1,550 feet) high.
- 8. Willis Tower is a 108-story skyscraper in the Loop neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois, U.S. The building includes an observation Skydeck with magnificent city views of Chicago.
- 9. 111 West 57th Street is a tall, narrow residential skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan along Billionaires’ Row in New York City, U.S. The building has a height-to-width ratio of 24:1, making it the “skinniest skyscraper in the world.”
- 10. 30 Hudson Yards is a skyscraper in Midtown West Manhattan, New York City. The modern office building opened in 2019 and is the third tallest building in NYC.
Have you been to any of the tallest buildings in the world? Mark off where you’ve been, discover top travel destinations, and set travel goals using the Visited app.
Download Visited for free on iOS or Android.
Related Posts: 10 Most Visited Statues Around the World, Most Popular Countries to Visit in the World, Country Spotlight: Dubai, UAE, 10 Most Popular Luxury Vacation Destinations