The 10 most popular luxury destinations in the world offer the sophistication of big cities, luxury hotels, upscale shopping, and much more. Check out this list of the most visited luxury destinations according to the travel app Visited.
Visited is a free travel app that allows you to scratch off places you’ve been and create a personalized map of where you’ve traveled. You can also set travel goals and discover new destinations with Visited. In addition to the most popular luxury destinations below, Visited has an extensive list of more than 50 luxury spots to choose from around the world.
- Paris, France attracts over 30 million tourists a year for good reason – the City of Light is full of world-class amenities and luxury hotels. In Paris, you can enjoy an afternoon of luxury shopping along the upscale Champs-Elysees and dine at some of the top-rated restaurants in the world as well as see the iconic Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum.
- London, England is one of the most popular luxury destinations due to the endless array of upscale amenities, luxury brands, and rich history of aristocratic life. Shop designer brands at Dover Street Market and Harrods and dine at one of the 71 Michelin-starred restaurants to enjoy the finer things in life.
- New York City, United States is the cultural capital of the United States, with some of the best art, shopping, and dining in the world. Peruse the luxury shops on Fifth Avenue, dine at Michelin-starred restaurants, take in a Broadway show, and see iconic art by the likes of Basquiat and Van Gogh on your trip to NYC.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands boasts a wide selection of luxury hotels, designer brands, and rich cultural history. Embark on a luxury boat tour along the canals to complete your Amsterdam adventures.
- Barcelona, Spain serves up luxury in paradise with warm, colorful splendor. Stay in a luxury hotel, shop for designer brands along Passeig de Gracia, and indulge in some of the best wine and tapas.
- Venice, Italy is the perfect place to relax on a private gondola ride, shop for Italian luxury brands at Saint Mark’s Square, and dine on exquisite Italian cuisine and fine wine.
- Florence, Italy features elegant art, architecture, and history with modern luxurious amenities. Stay in a luxury hotel, see world-renowned Renaissance art, and sample delectable Tuscan food and Chianti wines.
- Las Vegas, United States, or Sin City, is one of the most popular luxury destinations due to the winning combination of luxury shopping, over-the-top luxury hotels and spas, and decadent dining at Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Los Angeles, United States is home to Hollywood, movie stars, and opulence galore. Check out designer shops on Rodeo Drive, cruise the coast in a yacht, and rejuvenate in spas built for the stars.
- Prague, Czech Republic includes luxury hotels, Michelin-starred restaurants, and designer boutiques. Complete your trip by visiting Prague Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest ancient castle in the world.
Have you visited any of the top 10 most popular luxury destinations? Check them off your travel list with a custom map in the Visited travel app, and pursue more luxury travel ideas to plan your next getaway in the app.