Certain destinations attract travelers from around the world for their natural beauty, unique activities, and stunning landscapes. These are the top 20 most sought-after places to travel according to the travel app Visited, which has over 1.5 million users.
According to Visited’s 2022 Travel Report, these are the top 20 most wished-for destinations among travelers:
- Australia is the number one bucket list destination, with 45 percent of Visited users wanting to visit the Land Down Under. Australia offers a warm climate, tropical forests, beautiful beaches, diverse wildlife – including koalas and kangaroos, and vibrant cities such as Melbourne and Sydney.
- New Zealand is the second most wished-for place to travel, with 40 percent of Visited users marking it on their list of places they want to go. New Zealand has remarkable natural beauty, with beaches, mountains, glaciers, lakes, and more.
- Japan ties with New Zealand, as 40 percent of users want to visit the Land of the Rising Sun. Japan offers a wide array of attractions, including historic temples and shrines, Mount Fuji, and the bustling metropolis of Tokyo.
- Brazil ranks fourth as the most wished-for destination. The warm South American country features a diverse mix of cultures in cities like Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo and attracts tourists with its gorgeous natural beauty and vibrant Carnival celebrations.
- Iceland is the fifth most common bucket list destination and is teeming with natural wonders, including hot springs, mountains, waterfalls, and more.
- Canada is the sixth most popular destination on travelers’ wish lists. The northern country offers breathtaking natural beauty with attractions like Niagara Falls, Banff National Park in the majestic Rocky Mountains, and plenty of cultural activities in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
- Norway ranks seventh on the list of the most wished-for destinations. The Nordic country offers stunning natural beauty, plenty of winter sports, and cultural attractions in Oslo.
- Greece comes in eighth on the list, drawing people to the country’s mild Mediterranean climate, delectable cuisine, and ancient sites.
- South Africa ranks as the ninth most wished-for destination. The African country has an incredible array of wildlife and attracts many tourists who come for safaris.
- Cuba is the tenth most popular destination on travel bucket lists. The tropical country has beautiful beaches, art, and architecture.
- Egypt entices travelers with the ancient pyramids, and centuries of culture and history.
- Ireland is a popular tourist destination with a long literary history, a lively pub culture, castles, and Celtic culture.
- Sweden is a Nordic country with stunning nature scapes as well as cosmopolitan amenities in Stockholm.
- Thailand is a popular bucket list destination that offers a warm climate, unique ancient sites and architecture, and big-city attractions in Bangkok.
- Argentina is a culturally rich country with remarkable art and architecture in Buenos Aires as well as iconic natural sites like Iguazu Falls and Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Mexico attracts travelers for its pristine beaches and vibrant culture, art, architecture, and food in cities such as Mexico City.
- Morocco is a bucket list destination with unique architecture, a mild climate, and stunning natural beauty.
- Portugal draws travelers to its picturesque beaches, warm climate, and laid-back lifestyle.
- India is a wishlist destination for many travelers. The expansive country includes a rich history in cuisine, architecture, and entertainment.
- Croatia is the twentieth most wished-for destination. The southern European country serves up gorgeous natural landscapes, a mild climate, and affordable prices.
Are any of these destinations on your travel wish list? Mark off places you’ve been and where you’d like to go using the Visited app.
Download Visited for free on iOS or Android.
Related Posts: Top 10 Visited Beaches Around the World, Top 10 Most Popular Ancient Sites