The most visited waterfalls span the globe from Iceland to Argentina, offering incredible views. These are the most popular waterfalls in the world, according to the travel app Visited. Visited is a free travel app that allows you to create custom maps of places you’ve traveled as well as make travel goals and discover new destinations for future trips.
Visited features over 50 waterfalls to check out, and here are the top 10 most visited waterfalls to put on your list:
- Niagara Falls is at the top of the list of most visited waterfalls in the world, with three breathtaking waterfalls spanning the northern U.S. border in New York and southern Ontario, Canada. Niagara Falls draws over 30 million visitors a year to its awe-inspiring splendor.
- Gullfoss, Iceland is a beautiful waterfall – Europe’s largest waterfall – nestled in the southwest of Iceland. Whether you love waterfalls or just like natural beauty, you will be amazed at the multi-cascading falls and the panoramic views.
- Yosemite Falls, United States is an expansive waterfall in California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains. Yosemite Falls towers as the highest waterfall in North America and serves up incredible mountainside views.
- Iguazu Falls are stunning waterfalls of the Iguazu River located along the border of Argentina and Brazil and they make up the largest waterfall system in the world. You won’t want to miss the sweeping views from these Natural Wonders of the World.
- Godafoss, Iceland is a waterfall in northern Iceland that is one of the most popular waterfalls due to its spectacular views. Also known as the waterfall of the Gods, the waterfall is in a horseshoe shape, creating an especially magical experience.
- Victoria Falls also known as the Mosi-oa-Tunya, is the world’s largest waterfall, located at the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe in Africa. The beautiful cascading falls emit a glowing mist that’s often rainbow-tinged, and the lush greenery and massive spread of the waterfalls are unforgettable.
- Krka National Park, Croatia includes seven waterfalls, with Skradinski buk attracting the most tourists for its epic views. The water is so clean that you can even see fish swimming in the crystal clear waters around the waterfalls.
- Plitvicka Jezera, Croatia features beautiful pristine waterfalls, lakes, caves alongside lush forests and flowers (with over 55 types of orchid) and limestone canyons as well as a rich history including the Habsburg royals.
- Strutsfoss, Iceland is a majestic cascading two-tiered waterfall in the east of Iceland among snow-capped mountains.
- Dettifoss, Iceland is Europe’s second most powerful waterfall, known as “The Beast,” for its sheer power. Revel in the views and see rainbow-hued mist for miles around the waterfall.
Have you been to any of these breathtaking waterfalls around the world? You can scratch the waterfalls you’ve visited off your list and make custom travel maps of places you’ve been and where you’d like to go with the Visited app. Create travel goals, find new inspiring destinations, and more with the travel app Visited. Download Visited for free on iOS or Android.