India, the second most populous country in the world, is ranked the 43rd most visited nation by the Visited travel map app. With over 1.5 million international users, Visited is a popular way to mark off places you’ve been, browse bucket list destinations, plan trips, and get a customized map of your travels.
People from India enjoy traveling all over the world, with the top 10 countries to visit from India ranked below, based on Visited user data:
1. Thailand is the number one destination to visit from India. With gorgeous beaches, ancient ruins, iconic Buddhist temples, and modern entertainment and attractions in Bangkok, Thailand offers plenty to see and do.
2. Singapore is the second most visited country for travelers coming from India. The island nation offers modern architecture and amusements in Singapore as well as historic temples and museums.
3. France is the third most popular destination for tourists from India. The Western European country has iconic sites like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Museum in Paris as well as world-famous cuisine and chocolate.
4. The U.S. is the fourth most visited country for Indian travelers. With a wide range of attractions, including skyscrapers and statues in New York City, and Hollywood and white sandy beaches in California, the U.S. offers something for everyone.
5. The UK ranks as the fifth most popular destination to visit from India. The UK draws tourists to famous sites like the British Museum, the Tower of London, Stonehenge, and the Roman Baths.
6. The UAE is the sixth most visited country from India. The modern Western Asian nation features opulent and modern architecture and skyscrapers, with the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, and Emirates Palace Mandarin Oriental attracting many visitors.
7. Malaysia is the seventh most popular country to visit from India, offering pristine beaches, lush rainforests, and a vibrant mix of Malay, Indian, Chinese, and European cultures.
8. Germany is the eighth most visited nation for Indian travelers. The Western European country features scenic forests, mountains – including part of the Alps, and rivers, medieval towns and castles, and modern amusements in cities like Berlin, Frankfurt, and Munich.
9. Italy is the ninth most popular country to visit from India. With a warm Mediterranean climate, delectable Italian cuisine, ancient ruins in Rome, and picturesque canals in Venice, the Southern European nation continues to entice tourists.
10. Switzerland comes in as the tenth most visited country on the list. Offering world-famous chocolate, the Alps Mountains, castles, a bustling city in Zurich, and medieval buildings, the European nation has something for everyone.
Have you been to any of the top 10 countries to visit from India? You can scratch off the places you’ve been, bookmark where you’d like to travel, see top travel lists and rankings, mark your progress, get a printed travel map, and more using the Visited travel app.
Download Visited for free on iOS or Android.
Related Posts:Most Visited Tallest Buildings in the World, Top 10 Most Popular National Monuments