Norway is a beautiful country with mountains, glaciers, fjords, castles, modern cities, and a rich history. The Scandinavian nation is ranked as the 36th most visited country in the world according to the Visited travel app, which has over 1.5 million users. You can scratch off places you’ve been, browse top destinations, set travel goals, and get a personalized printed map of your travels using the Visited app.
Travelers from Norway enjoy visiting nearby European nations as well as the U.S. The top 10 countries to visit from Norway according to Visited users include:
- Sweden, Norway’s neighbor to the east, is the most popular country to visit for Norwegian tourists. Sweden offers palaces, museums, and vibrant coastal cities like Stockholm that invite travelers to explore.
- Denmark is the second most visited country from Norway. The Nordic nation includes the capital of Copenhagen, historic castles, LEGOLAND, museums, and medieval architecture.
- Spain is the third most popular destination for Norwegian tourists. The southern European country has lively culture and entertainment in Barcelona and Madrid, pristine beaches, medieval castles, and Gaudi’s distinct modernist architecture.
- Germany is the fourth most visited country to visit for people coming from Norway. The Western European nation has historic landmarks and modern entertainment in cities like Berlin and Munich as well as cultural festivals like Oktoberfest.
- The UK is the fifth most popular country to visit from Norway. The UK has endless entertainment, shopping, and restaurants in London as well as historic landmarks such as the Roman Baths and Stonehenge.
6. Greece is the sixth most visited country for Norwegian travelers. The Mediterranean nation has plenty of ancient ruins to explore, including the Acropolis Citadel with the Parthenon temple in Athens, as well as beautiful beaches.
7. France ranks as the seventh most popular destination for Norwegian tourists. From the Louvre and Eiffel Tower in Paris to wine country in Bordeaux and Champagne, France has something for everyone.
8. Italy is the eighth most visited country for Norwegian travelers. The warm weather, delectable cuisine, and ancient landmarks like the Colosseum in Rome continue to enthrall tourists.
9. The U.S. is a North American country that ranks as the ninth most visited place for people coming from Norway. The U.S. attracts tourists to the statues and skyscrapers in New York City, the beaches and Hollywood sites in Los Angeles, and natural wonders such as the Grand Canyon.
10. Poland is the tenth most popular country to visit for Norwegians. The Eastern European destination features historic castles, museums, and markets.
Have you been to any of the top destinations for Norwegian travelers? You can mark off places you’ve been, find new bucket list travel goals, and see your personalized travel stats using the travel map app Visited. You’ll also be able to see how your stats stack up against other travelers using the app.