The top 10 most visited statues in the world include iconic symbols of modern democracy as well as Renaissance sculptures and ancient emblems. The most visited statues are tabulated by the travel app Visited, which has over 1 million users.
Visited allows you to mark off places you’ve been, see a customized map of your travels, discover new destinations, and get a custom printed travel map. Download Visited for free on iOS or Android to browse more travel lists, set travel goals, and more.
The most visited famous statues in the world include:
- 1. Statue of Liberty is the most visited statue in the world. New York City’s iconic emblem on Liberty Island in the United States draws over 4 million visitors a year to see the stately Lady Liberty, which stands as a symbol of freedom and enlightenment.
- 2. Charging Bull, also called the Bull of Wall Street, is a bronze sculpture of a bull located in the Financial District of New York City. The strong financial symbol of Wall Street attracts tourists from around the world.
- 3. David is a world-renowned Renaissance sculpture by Italian artist Michelangelo that is located in Florence, Italy. The beautifully made marble statue of the Biblical figure of David stands 5.17 meters (17 feet) tall.
- 4. Lincoln Memorial is a statue of Abraham Lincoln in Washington, DC, at a U.S. National Park. The classic emblem of the U.S. Capital is a symbol of unity, strength, and wisdom that draws tourists from around the world.
5. The Manneken Pis is a bronze fountain sculpture in Brussels, Belgium. The statue features a puer mingens, a naked boy urinating into the fountain’s basin, in what has become a popular, whimsical symbol of Belgium.
- 6. Venus de Milo is an ancient Greek sculpture located at the Louvre Museum in Paris believed to depict Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love.
- 7. The Thinker is a famous bronze sculpture of a thinking man by Auguste Rodin, located in the gardens of the Rodin Museum in Paris, France. The Thinker has become a universal symbol of philosophy.
- 8. Pieta is an Italian Renaissance sculpture created by Michelangelo Buonarroti located in St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City. The Christian artwork depicts the Virgin Mary cradling the body of Jesus.
- 9. Little Mermaid is a popular bronze statue of a mermaid by Edvard Eriksen located in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 10, The Great Sphinx is a symbol of ancient Egypt that is a limestone statue of a sphinx – a mythical creature with a lion’s body and pharaoh’s head – located in Giza, Egypt.
Have you visited any of the most popular famous statues in the world? With the travel app Visited, you can scratch off where you’ve been, get a customized travel map, discover new destinations, and get a personalized printed travel map.