The Netherlands is a popular European country conveniently located between Germany and Belgium in Western Europe. Although the Netherlands is a popular tourist destination, ranked as the seventh most visited country in the world according to the travel app Visited, Dutch people also enjoy traveling to other nations. These are the top 10 countries that Dutch people visit from the Netherlands.
The list was calculated by Visited, a travel app with over 1.5 million users around the world. You can scratch off places you’ve been and where you’d like to go, browse top travel destinations, and get a custom printed map of your travels using the Visited app.
The most popular countries for Dutch people to visit are:
- Germany, the Netherlands’ neighbor to the east, is the top country to visit for Dutch people. With bustling cultural centers in cities like Berlin and Munich, a rich history with castles and medieval architecture, and ample natural beauty with forests, mountains, and beaches, Germany has plenty of things to do for Dutch travelers.
- Belgium is a small country that attracts the second most visitors from the Netherlands. The multicultural nation is the headquarters of the European Union and United Nations and has the medieval city of Bruges as well as world-famous chocolate in the capital of Brussels.
- France is the third most popular destination for Dutch travelers. Boasting a rich culture, world-renowned art museums, and breathtaking architectural attractions in Paris as well as delectable cuisine and fine wine, France continues to draw in tourists from the Netherlands.
- Spain comes in as the fourth most visited country for Dutch people to visit. With a warm climate, beautiful beaches, and unique cultural attractions, Spain is a popular getaway destination.
- Italy is the fifth most popular country to travel to from the Netherlands, with a mild Mediterranean climate, delectable cuisine, and a storied history that includes ancient Roman ruins.
6. The UK ranks sixth on the list, drawing in Dutch tourists to see iconic sites in London as well as ancient landmarks like Stonehenge.
7. Austria is the seventh most visited country for Dutch travelers. The Central European nation includes Alpine views, palaces, and cultural attractions in Vienna and Salzburg.
8. Luxembourg is a small European country that is the eighth most visited destination for Dutch travelers, serving up stunning natural beauty and Luxembourg City, with a fortified medieval old town perched on sheer cliffs.
9. Greece is the ninth most popular nation to visit for Dutch tourists, offering ancient ruins and historic sites, a mild climate, beautiful beaches, and tasty local cuisine.
10. Turkey rounds out the list as the tenth most visited country that Dutch people travel to. Stunning architecture, centuries of history, and a unique blend of cultures make the country straddling Europe and Asia a prime destination.
Have you been to any of the top destinations for Dutch travelers? Mark off where you’ve been, set travel goals, create your own custom travel map, and discover more places to go with the travel app Visited.