South Africa is a beautiful country brimming with big game, beautiful beaches, and stunning national parks. South Africa is the 51st most visited nation in the world according to the travel map app Visited. You can check off where you’ve been, set travel goals, bookmark your dream destinations, and more using the Visited app, which has over 1.65 million users.
South African travelers enjoy exploring the world, from Europe to Asia and the U.S. Here are the top destinations to visit from South Africa according to the Visited app:
- The UK is the number one destination for travelers from South Africa. With tourist hotspots like the London Eye, Tower Bridge, and Westminster Abbey in London, and historic sites including Stonehenge and Edinburgh Castle, the UK offers endless attractions.
- France is the second most visited country for South Africans. The Western European nation has endless art and architecture to explore in Paris, as well as world-class museums, and delectable food and chocolates.
- The U.S. is the third most popular destination for travelers from South Africa. From balmy beaches in California and Hawaii to skyscrapers and museums in New York City and Chicago, the U.S. has something for everyone.
- Italy ranks fourth on the list of most visited countries. With ancient Roman ruins, a mild Mediterranean climate, delicious cuisine, and historic cathedrals, Italy continues to draw in travelers from South Africa.
- Germany is the fifth most visited destination on the list according to the Visited app. Germany features Bavarian castles, scenic forests and mountains, and museums and cultural sites in Cologne, Berlin and Munich.
6. Spain is the sixth most popular country to visit from South Africa. Barcelona offers a unique Catalonian culture with Gaudi’s architecture and beautiful beaches while Madrid attracts visitors to the Royal Palace and Prado Museum.
7. The Netherlands ranks seventh for travelers from South Africa. Amsterdam offers the legendary Red Light District, scenic canals, and the Van Gogh Museum, while the rural areas of the country are known for windmills, tulips, and picturesque landscapes.
8. Thailand is the eighth most popular tourist destination to visit from South Africa. The Southeast Asian nation entices tourists with pristine beaches, ancient ruins, historic Buddhist temples, and plenty of entertainment in the modern city of Bangkok.
9. Mozambique is the ninth most visited country from South Africa. The southern African nation has picturesque parks, beaches, and tropical islands.
10. The UAE is the tenth most popular country to visit from South Africa. The United Arab Emirates has towering modern skyscrapers, the opulent Dubai Mall, and the Louvre Abu Dhabi, as well as desert tours.
Have you been to any of the top destinations to visit from South Africa? You can mark off where you’ve traveled, find new bucket list places to go, and get a custom printed map of your travels using the Visited app.
Download Visited for free on iOS or Android.
Related Posts: Top 10 Most Visited Deserts in the World, Top 10 Most Visited Wonders in the World