Austria is a Central European nation with majestic castles, iconic museums, and convenient access to the rest of Europe. Austria is ranked the ninth most visited country in the world by the Visited travel app. You can mark off places you’ve been, create a travel map with your bucket list destinations, set travel goals, see your stats, and more using the Visited app.
These are the top 10 countries to visit from Austria according Visited users:
- Germany is the number one most visited country for Austrians. The neighboring nation has a wide range of attractions, including the Alps, medieval towns, castles, and renowned architecture and museums in Berlin, Munich, and Cologne.
- Italy is the second most popular destination to visit from Austria. With picturesque beaches, ancient ruins in Rome, scenic canals in Venice, and tantalizing cuisine, Italy has something for everyone.
- Spain is the third most visited country for Austrians. The Southern European nation offers a warm Mediterranean climate, historic castles and cathedrals, and modernist landmarks designed by Gaudi in Barcelona.
- France is the fourth most popular country to visit from Austria. The Western European nation draws tourists to the iconic architecture, shopping, and museums in Paris, as well as offers premium vineyards and delectable cuisine.
- The UK ranks as the fifth most visited country for Austrians, attracting tourists to renowned sites like the Tower of London and Stonehenge as well as the endless dining and entertainment in London.
6. Czechia is the sixth most visited country for Austrian travelers. With stately castles and cathedrals, plenty of natural beauty at national parks, and museums in Prague, the Central European nation is easily accessible from Austria.
7. Croatia beckons from the Balkans in Southern Europe, attracting the seventh most Austrian tourists. The scenic country offers stunning natural views, with waterfalls, forests, and beaches, as well as historic architecture and palaces.
8. Hungary ranks as the eighth most visited country for Austrians. With medieval castles, mineral spas, ancient Roman and Turkish sites, and the historic city of Budapest, Hungary offers a lot to see and do.
9. Greece is the ninth most popular destination for Austrians. The Mediterranean nation has ancient ruins like the Acropolis of Athens and the Parthenon, cities including Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos, white sandy beaches, and delectable cuisine.
10. The U.S. comes in as the tenth most visited country to visit from Austria. The North American country includes iconic sites in cities like New York and Los Angeles as well as natural beauty at the Grand Canyon and along the beaches of California and Florida.
Have you been to any of the most visited countries to travel to from Austria? You can mark off places you’ve been and where you’d like to go in the Visited app. Browse top bucket list destinations, set travel goals, and get a personalized printed travel map using the app.