Love to shop? Here are the top 10 most popular shopping destinations. For a full list, check them off interactively using the Visited App. Visited is a travel app that lets you keep track of the different countries, experiences and places you have visited. You can map your travels, check places off the list and get inspired by discover in new locations to visit. Download Visited for free on iOS or Android .
1. London (England) – is the most popular place to shop. The most famous streets in London for shopping has to be the Oxford Street, which is aligned with over 300 shops. London is one of the world’s fashion capitals with famous brands such as Burberry, Vivienne Westwood and Stella McCartney, to name a few.
2. Paris (France) – the home of haute fashion, hosts the Triangle D’or or Golden Triangle that is home to fashion brands such as Chanel, Dior and Louis Vuitton. The famous Champs-Elysees, where visitors can spend the day shopping has more affordable options. There is no limit to what you can buy in Paris!
3. Rome (Italy) – Via del Corso is a street famous for it shopping and of course the Spanish steps. The street has stores for 1.5 kms, and ranges from boutiques to famous even non italian brands like Nike, Zara and Gap! For Italian high fashion go to Via Condotti, which is home to Dolce & Gabbana, Miu Miu and Armani stores. For those looking for authentic shopping, they can head to neighbourhood of Monti, where artisanal shops can be found.
4. Amsterdam (Netherlands) – Amsterdam is famous for its open-air markets where those that love antiques, art and collectables can find something unique. It is also famous for its flower markets, after all Holland is home to the Tulip.
5. New York (United States) – From Breakfast in Tiffany’s to Home Alone 2, there are no shortage of movies showing the magnitude of 5th avenue shopping. From the famous department stores such as Saks 5th Avenue to a small boutique there are no shortages of jewellery, fashion and other merchandize for visitors to acquire.
6. Milan (Italy) – Is the home for one of fashion capitals of the world. For high end, there is the quadrilatero della moda which is home to Prada, Gucci, Versace and so on. Visitors to the city center visiting Duomo, will find the beautiful Vittorio Emanuele II which is home to luxury shopping department store. Of course there is a lot more shopping to be head in and out of Milan.
7. Florence (Italy) – Florence is known for Italian leather which can be found around the city. The famous bridge Ponte Vecchio, is home to many stores selling jewellery particularly high quality 18k gold.
8. Madrid (Spain) – the Gran Via is a busy street in Madrid where popular fast fashion can be found with famous Spanish brands such as Zara and Mango. If you are looking for a department store there is the El Corte Ingles which is found on Calle Preciados And if you are looking for a flea market, El Rastro is over 400 years old and is open every Sunday.
9. Las Vegas (United States) – Every hotel in Las Vegas Strip has a casino and a mini mall. However, if that is not enough shoppers can head to Fashion Show Las Vegas Mall which as 250 stores. Or take a short bus ride to the outlet malls for some discounted products.
10. Los Angeles (United States) – For those that loved Pretty Woman, probably remember the scene of Julia Robert’s character shopping on Rodeo Drive. Rodeo drive is home to luxury brands such as Dior, Chanel and MaxMara to name a few. However, for the average shopper, there are many malls around the city, as well as areas where you can find unique boutiques.