Calling all tennis fans! The travel app Visited has named the top 10 most visited tennis destinations in the world. Visited is a popular travel map app with over 1.7 million users where you can mark off places you’ve been, set travel goals, get your personal travel stats, and more.
The 10 most visited tennis destinations in the world are:
- Wimbledon is the oldest tennis tournament in the world and the most popular tennis destination. The prestigious Wimbledon Championship is held in London, England, every summer on outdoor grass courts.
- The U.S. Open is the fourth Grand Slam tournament and the second most visited tennis destination. The U.S. Open is held from August to September in Queens, New York, U.S., on hard outdoor courts.
- The French Open or Roland-Garros is the second Grand Slam tournament held each year, taking place in late May to early June in Paris, France. The French Open is the only Grand Slam tournament held on clay courts.
- The Australian Open is the first Grand Slam tournament held every year. The popular event happens at Melbourne Park in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, on hard outdoor courts.
- All England Lawn Club is located at Church Road in Wimbledon, London, England. The private members’ club is the host of the WImbledon tournament each year.
6.Monte-Carlo Country Club is a French country club that hosts the ATP Tour’s Monte Carlo Masters tournament. The tennis destination is located in the commune of Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, Alpes-Maritimes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, France.
7. The International Tennis Hall of Fame honors outstanding players and people who contributed to the sport of tennis. The complex includes a tennis museum, grass tennis courts, indoor tennis courts, and a theater. The International Tennis Hall of Fame is located in Newport, Rhode Island, in the U.S.
8. Il San Pietro Di Positano includes luxury accommodations along the Amalfi coast in Positano, Italy. The sprawling grounds include a tennis court nestled in between breathtaking cliffs and the waterfront.
9. Rafael Nadal Tennis Centre is the ninth most visited tennis destination in the world. The center includes 26 tennis courts with different surfaces, both exterior and interior, and has children’s tennis lessons and more. The Rafael Nadal Tennis Centre is located along the Caribbean coast of Mexico, in Isla Mujeres.
10. IMG Academy offers a host of training programs for young athletes and has trained tennis greats such as Serena Williams. The academy is located in Bradenton, Florida, U.S.
Have you been to any of the most popular tennis destinations in the world? Wondering where to travel next? We got you covered. Select different destinations and places based on travel lists, experiences, and inspirational photos. We’ll show you which countries have the highest number of places you wish to visit. So you can go down the list and optimize your travel plans.