If you love skiing, you’ll definitely want to check out the 10 most popular ski slopes in the world, according to the travel app Visited. The free travel app features over 50 ski destinations with breathtaking slopes for all ski levels, and you can scratch off where you’ve been in the app as well as find ski destination suggestions for your next trip.
The most visited ski slopes around the globe include:
- Dolomites, Italy includes some of the most popular slopes in the world, as people come from all over to hit the incredible slopes on the sunny side of the Alps in northern Italy. Enjoy stunning panoramic views and a wide variety of slope levels at the Dolomites, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Chamonix, France is one of the most visited ski destinations in the world. With 5 ski resorts and slopes for all levels, the Vallee Blanche offers breathtaking beauty and variety in the French Alps.
- Innsbruck, Austria features 13 world-class ski resorts in the rugged Alps. The area has hosted two Winter Olympics and offers top-tier skiing and amenities, with 1,000 to 1,500-meter skiable verticals at most of the resorts. When you’re off the slopes, you can explore the castles and rich history of the Innsbruck area.
- Zermatt, Switzerland draws tourists from around the world for its unique year-round skiing in the pristine Alps. The slopes cater to all levels of skiers and offer incredible mountain views of the snow-covered Alps.
- Val d’Isere, France is a ski resort in the French Alps that has inspiring slopes for all levels of skiers, from beginners to advanced. The picturesque resort has consistent snowfall and a wide range of slopes for everyone to enjoy.
- Vail, United States is one of the most visited ski destinations in the U.S., with rugged slopes in Colorado’s beautiful Rocky Mountains. The resort offers expansive slopes and panoramic mountain views.
- Breckenridge, United States features 2,901 acres of natural mountain beauty with five peaks and excellent skiing for all levels in the Colorado Rockies.
- Val Thorens, France is a scenic ski town in the Savoie, French Alps and it’s the highest ski resort in the Alps, offering plentiful snowfall and all levels of slopes. Val Thorens is part of the 3 Valleys, the world’s biggest ski area.
- Sudtirol, Italy (also called South Tyrol) has some of the most popular ski slopes in the world in the gorgeous Italian Alps. The slopes cater to all levels, with slopes up to 3,250 meters.
- Zell am See, Austria attracts skiers for the stunning Alpine views and snow-capped mountain slopes. The majority of the slopes are beginner-friendly and intermediate level.
Have you been to any of the 10 most popular ski slopes in the world? Check them off your list in the travel app Visited, and also create your own travel goals and maps for future ski vacations using the Visited app.