The most popular chocolate destinations in the world span Europe and the United States, and include a mouth-watering selection of the best-tasting chocolates, from truffles to mousse to bonbons. If you’re a chocolate lover, you’ll want to create your own world travel map with these 10 most visited chocolate destinations, according to Visited.
Visited is a travel app that allows you to scratch off places you’ve visited, as well as create travel goals and map your future destinations. Create an unforgettable chocolate lover’s dream vacation with some suggestions from this list:
- Paris, France, where chocolate is an art form, is the top-place winner for the world’s best chocolate. Delectable, hand-made chocolate truffles, ganache, macarons, bonbons, pralines, and of course, world-renowned pastries such as pain au chocolat (a croissant filled with chocolate) fill the chocolate and pastry shops of Paris.
- Barcelona, Spain serves up scrumptious chocolate all over the city and has Chocolate Street (Carrer Petritxol), the perfect place for chocolate lovers to taste gourmet hot chocolate, chocolate cakes, pastries, and candies.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands has some of the best artisanal chocolate as well as an annual chocolate festival, and even a chocolate museum (Cacaomuseum), to the delight of chocophiles. The chocolate activities and delicacies earn Amsterdam a place on the Europe map of the most visited chocolate destinations.
- New York City, United States is one of the most popular chocolate destinations in the U.S., serving up the best chocolates from around the world. In bustling downtown Manhattan’s Union Square neighborhood you’ll find an array of delicious chocolate options, ranging from drinkable chocolate mousse to Italian truffles, artisanal chocolate bars, and hot cocoa.
- Brussels, Belgium has become synonymous with chocolate for good reason – the legendary Belgian chocolate continues to draw tourists from around the world. Chocolate tasting is the city’s top draw and you won’t want to miss the delectable chocolate shops lining the streets of Brussels.
- Vienna, Austria sells some of the best craft chocolates, including truffles, bonbons, chocolate bars, and confections, making it one of the most popular cities for chocolate.
- San Francisco, United States is home to the famous Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, the oldest continuously-operating chocolate producer in the U.S. that serves up delicious chocolate bars, hot chocolate, hot fudge sundaes, and more. San Francisco also has an array of innovative and artisanal chocolates, truffles, confections, and bonbons.
- Bruges, Belgium is one of the popular chocolate destinations in Belgium, offering tantalizing chocolates in shops and cafes nestled in the medieval city.
- Zurich, Switzerland is sure to delight every chocolate lover with some of the best chocolate in the world, including ganaches, pralines, truffles, and craft chocolate shops galore.
- Cologne, Germany has a chocolate museum where you can see the world-famous Lindt chocolate being made, from cacao beans to chocolate. The city also features chocolate shops with tasty truffles, delectable bonbons, and chocolate bars.
Have you been to any of these most-visited chocolate destinations in the world? You can check them off your list or create a travel map, with the travel app Visited, which features 50+ locations for chocolate lovers to explore.