Get inspired by the Visited App’s Top 10 most visited capitals cities of the world list. With the Visited app, you can access lists that align with your travel goals and see destinations that you must visit. Our world-traveling users are inspiring other travel enthusiasts, and these robust lists are based on the popularity of the many different places our many users have been to. Download the Visited app today on iOS or Android so you can plan and keep track of your upcoming travels and have fun checking off your travel bucket list. See how much of the world you can cover!
It is interesting to note that all of the top 10 capitals fall inside Europe.
- Paris, France – Is the most visited capital in the world. Paris has endless sights to visit, regardless if you love architecture, art, music or are simply visiting for the food, the city surely will not disappoint.
- London, England – Is the largest city in United Kingdom and home to over 9 million people. The city is probably best viewed from the London Eye observation wheel.
- Rome, Italy – Rome was founded by Romulus and Emus in 753 BCE. It is located at the banks of the river Tiber and is on top of seven hills. You can find many ruins and excavations including the famous Colosseum.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – Amsterdam is a city best visited by taking the water canals or cycling through its multiple bike paths. The city was build in the 17th century which was considered to be the Dutch Golden Age.
- Prague, Czech Republic – is home to the famous Charles Bridge which was build in the medieval ages and crosses the Vltava river. You can visit the Prague Castle, old town square, the Jewish quarter or its multiple churches.
- Berlin, Germany – Berline has a vast history and multiple palaces and has become known in the art scene.
- 7. Vatican City, Vatican – Is home to the biggest church in the world the St. Peter’s Basilica, the same church which is home to the pope. It is also home to Michelangelo’s works as well as the Vatican museum which one can get lost in for hours if not months.
- 8. Vienna, Austria – Vienna is known for its museums, there are over 60 of them! It is also the capital of music. For those that love chocolate and cakes, the city will not disappoint.
- 9. Brussels, Belgium – is the capital of Belgium and EU. It is a relatively small city but has many things going for it such as politics, history and architecture. Brussels is famous for its Moules-frites and chocolate.
- 10. Budapest, Hungary – The city which is a combination of three cities the Buda, Obuda and Pest. The city is connected with the beautiful Chain Bridge, overlooking the famous Parliament. It is also considered the capital of thermal baths.