Mexico, situated in the southern portion of North America, is ranked as the 16th most visited country in the world according to the travel app Visited, which has over 1.65 million international users. You can mark off places you’ve been, discover new bucket list destinations, set travel goals, and get a personalized map of your travels using the Visited app.
According to the Visited app, the top countries for Mexican people to travel to include:
- The U.S. is the most popular destination for Mexican visitors. With iconic landmarks and architecture in cities like New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles and vast natural beauty along coastal beaches, rugged mountain ranges, canyons, and more, the U.S. has plenty to see.
- France is the second most visited country for tourists from Mexico. With a rich culture, world-renowned art museums, lots of luxury shopping, delectable food and wine, and legendary landmarks in Paris, France has something for everyone.
- Spain is the third most popular country to visit for Mexican travelers. Spain’s shared common language – Spanish – with Mexico, pristine beaches, and plenty of entertainment in Barcelona and Madrid make the southern European nation a top destination.
- Italy is the fourth most visited place for Mexican tourists, drawing in visitors to see ancient Roman sites and enjoy Italian cuisine and culture while reveling in a warm Mediterranean climate.
- The UK ranks as the fifth most popular destination for Mexican travelers. From the ruins at Stonehenge to Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London, the UK has plenty of famous sites as well as endless dining, shopping, and entertainment in London.
6. Germany comes in sixth for Mexican visitors, offering castles, medieval architecture, and stunning natural views with the Alps, forests, and rivers throughout the Western European nation. Oktoberfest is also a popular attraction for tourists visiting Germany.
7. Canada is the seventh most visited country for Mexican travelers. The northern nation features gorgeous skiing, hiking, and natural views as well as plenty of entertainment and cultural attractions in cities like Toronto and Montreal.
8. The Netherlands is the eighth most popular place to visit for Mexican tourists. With unique cultural attractions and nightlife in Amsterdam as well as scenic canals, windmills, and beautiful architecture, the northern European nation has plenty to offer.
9. Belgium is the ninth most visited country for Mexican travelers. You’ll find a chocolate lover’s paradise in cities like Brussels as well as Renaissance architecture and the headquarters of the European Union and NATO in Belgium.
10. The Czech Republic or Czechia is the tenth most popular country to visit for tourists from Mexico. The Eastern European nation has historic castles and architecture and plenty of entertainment in cities like Prague.
Have you been to any of the top countries for Mexican travelers? You can set travel goals, see top travel lists, scratch off where you’ve traveled, get a custom-printed map of your travels, and discover more places to go with the travel app Visited.