The most popular airlines attract travelers from around the world for excellent prices and service. The top 10 airlines are ranked by users of the travel app Visited, which has over 1.66 million international users. You can mark off places you’ve traveled, get a personal travel map, set travel goals, and see your travel stats using the Visited app.
These are the top airlines around the world, according to Visited users:
- Ryanair is a low-cost airline that’s the most popular in the world. The airline is based in Dublin, Ireland, and operates flights to over 240 destinations in more than 40 countries. Ryanair is especially popular for cheap flights throughout Europe.
- American Airlines is the second most popular airline and is based in Fort Worth, Texas, United States. The airline flies to more than 350 destinations in more than 60 countries.
- British Airways is based in London, England, with its main hub at Heathrow Airport. The international airline is a certified Four-Star Airline and has high ratings for customer service, onboard products, and airport quality.
- Delta Air Lines is one of the world’s oldest airlines. The U.S. carrier is based in Atlanta, Georgia, and connects 275 destinations in 50 countries. Its flagship airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the busiest airport in the U.S.
- EasyJet is a British low-cost airline that has 927 routes in more than 34 countries. EasyJet includes affiliate carriers EasyJet U.K., EasyJet Switzerland, and EasyJet Europe.
6. Lufthansa is the second-largest airline in Europe and the sixth most popular carrier in the world based on Visited user data. Lufthansa is based in Germany.
7. United Airlines is an American airline based out of Chicago, Illinois, U.S. The busy airline flies to 210 destinations in the U.S. and more than 120 international destinations.
8. Air France is a Four-Star Airline with headquarters in Tremblay-en-France. The international carrier offers more than 500 global destinations.
9. Emirates Airline is the eighth most popular carrier and is based in Garhoud, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The upscale airline is a Five-Star Airline. The first-class service includes suites with closing doors for privacy, gourmet dining on-demand, high-quality wines and spirits, an onboard bar, and airplane showers.
10. Turkish Airlines is the tenth most popular airline according to Visited users. The Four-Star Airline carrier is based in Istanbul and connects 340 destinations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
Have you been on some of the most popular airlines in the world? Wondering where to travel next? We’ve got you covered. Select different destinations and places based on travel lists, experiences, and inspirational photos. We’ll show you which countries have the highest number of places you wish to visit. So you can go down the list and optimize your travel plans.
Picking your next travel destination just got a lot easier with the Visited App! Download the Visited app for free for iOS or Android.
Related Posts: See How Visited Can Help You Plan Your Trip, Top 10 Food Experiences Around the World