If you want to plan a great escape trip without breaking your budget, check out these top 10 most visited budget hotel chains around the world. These economy hotels offer discounts and often include rewards programs for extra savings.
The hotel list was calculated based on Visited users. Visited is a popular travel map app that highlights top travel destinations. You can create a personalized map of your travels and plan your dream getaway using the Visited app.
The most popular budget hotel chains in the world are:
- Ibis Hotels is the most popular budget hotel worldwide. The budget hotel chain is owned by Accor. It is known for its logo of a red pillow. The Ibis ALL PLUS card offers a 15% discount on stays, and breakfast is included in the price. Ibis Hotels are found in North America, South America, and Africa, but you’ll find the most locations in Europe and Asia.
- Travelodge Hotels are primarily in the U.K., Canada, Ireland, and Spain. The budget hotel offers unlimited breakfast for a flat additional fee per night. The Travelodge Cashback Membership is only available to U.K. residents and can save 3% to 5% on your stay.
- Ibis Styles Hotels is a step up from the original Ibis Hotels, offering more spacious rooms, additional amenities, and added style. Ibis Styles Hotels are also usually located outside of major cities in Europe and Asia. Breakfast is included in the price, and you can receive a 15% discount through the ALL PLUS loyalty program.
4. Days Inn offers complimentary breakfast and a Wyndham Rewards loyalty program with perks like early check-in, late check-out, upgrades, free nights, and discounts. Days Inn hotels are primarily in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
5. Ibis Budget Hotels offer 614 locations in 20 countries. It is slightly cheaper than the main Ibis brand, with no locations in central Paris. Breakfast is included in the price, and ALL Plus members receive a 15% discount.
6. Econo Lodge is a motel chain based primarily in the United States and Canada. All locations offer a complimentary continental breakfast. Members of the Choice Privileges Rewards program can earn up to 15% off their next one-night stay.
7. Motel 6 is a budget-friendly motel chain with over 1,400 locations in the U.S. and 44 in Canada. Rooms typically come with one or two queen-size beds, a fridge, and a microwave. Motel 6 is pet-friendly with no pet fee but does not offer breakfast. My6 members can receive up to a 12% discount.
8. Red Roof Inn includes over 670 locations, primarily in the U.S. It does not offer a continental breakfast. Members can save up to 20% off their stay with the Member-Exclusive Rate.
9. Super 8 by Wyndham has over 2,000 locations worldwide and offers complimentary breakfast and savings through the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program.
10. Howard Johnson’s Hotels is a part of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts and offers a free breakfast item and free WiFi. Guests can collect points and earn a free night through the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program.