Portugal is a popular destination in Southern Europe that offers beautiful beaches and historic architecture from the 16th to 19th centuries. Portugal is the 14th most visited country in the world according to the Visited travel app. Visited is a travel map app that allows you to mark off where you’ve been and where you’d like to go, set travel goals, and get a personalized map of your travels.
These are the top 10 countries to visit from Portugal according to the Visited app:
- Spain is the number one destination for Portuguese travelers. As Portugal’s neighbor, Spain is an easily accessible place to visit that offers popular beaches and unique art and architecture in vibrant cities like Barcelona and Madrid.
- France is the second most visited country to visit from Portugal. The Western European nation has a rich history and iconic art museums and landmarks in Paris as well as world-renowned cuisine and wine.
- The UK is the third most visited country from Portugal. With a rich history including the British royals, castles, landmarks, and entertainment in London, there are plenty of things for tourists to do in the UK.
- Italy is the fourth most popular destination to visit from Portugal. Italy includes white sandy beaches, world-renowned fashion in Milan, canals in Venice, and ancient ruins in Rome.
- Germany is the fifth most visited nation for Portuguese travelers. With scenic Alpine views, medieval villages, castles, and museums in cities like Berlin, Germany continues to draw tourists.
6. The Netherlands is the sixth most visited destination coming from Portugal. Amsterdam is a big draw with its canals, biking culture, Van Gogh Museum, and Red Light District.
7. The U.S. ranks as the seventh most popular country to visit from Portugal. From the Empire State Building and skyscrapers of New York City to Venice Beach and Hollywood in California, the U.S. has many attractions to see.
8. Belgium is the eighth most visited country on the list. World-famous chocolate, historic palaces and cathedrals, and the European Union headquarters are all located in Belgium.
9. Brazil is the ninth most visited nation for Portuguese tourists. The large South American country has tropical rainforests, lush mountains, and renowned festivals like Carnival in Rio de Janeiro.
10. Switzerland comes in as the tenth most popular destination for travelers from Portugal. From breathtaking skiing and hiking in the Alps to the covered bridges of Lucerne, the European country has plenty to offer visitors.
Have you been to any of the top 10 countries to visit from Portugal? You can mark off places you’ve traveled, bookmark where you want to go, and discover new travel bucket list destinations using the Visited app. You can also see how you stack up against other travelers and get a printed map of your travels in the app.