Whether you want to ride the waves, enjoy a family getaway, or attend oceanside parties, Spain offers beautiful island beaches for every type of traveler. The travel map app Visited has ranked the top beaches in Spain according to the app’s more than 1.75 million users. You can see more than 150 top travel lists, plan your next dream vacation, scratch off places you’ve been, and optimize your travel plans using the Visited app.
These are the seven most popular beaches to visit in Spain as ranked by the Visited users:
1. Majorca beaches are renowned for their crystal-clear waters and distinctive beach-going experiences. Family-friendly Playa de Muro offers white-sand and shallow waters. The remote Carla Varques is home to some of the world’s best snorkeling, while Playa Del Palma is a tourist draw with bustling beach activities by day and clubbing by night.
2. Tenerife, the largest Canary Island, is home to sensational beaches. Playa de las Américas is a tourist-heavy destination offering surfing, fantastic nightlife, and international gastronomy. The peaceful Playa El Bollullo sits below towering cliffs and is one of the most beautiful natural beaches on the island. Playa Jardin is an active city beach with volcanic black sand and a host of eateries.
3. Ibiza is one of the world’s most popular destinations filled with gorgeous Mediterranean beaches. The golden sands and clear waters at Playa Talamanca are popular with swimmers and sunbathers. Cala Conta draws tourists and locals due to its picturesque sunsets. The salt flats, trendy beach clubs, and energetic party scene at Las Salinas attracts an assortment of revelers.
4. Gran Canaria has everything from big-city beaches to tranquil escapes. The golden sand dunes, old lighthouse, and clothes-free section at Playa Maspalomas make it fantastic for frollicking in the sun. Playa de las Canteras, a popular urban surfing beach, is home to the dynamic Paseo de Las Canteras promenade, which offers alfresco dining, shopping, and cafés. Playa del Inglés is popular with water sports enthusiasts due to its warm waters.
5. Nerja is an enchanting coastal town offering several dazzling beaches. Playa Burriana is an amenity-rich beach with watersports, beach bars, and assorted restaurants. Laid-back beaches include Playa Carabeo, a smallish oceanfront nestled between two cliffs, and Playa El Playazo, a mountainside gem dotted by a fossilized castle and sugar cane plantations.
6. Cala Mitjana is a spectacular little beachfront in Mallorca surrounded by cliffs immersed in lush vegetation. The beach offers a peaceful setting and can be accessed via a scenic footpath. Cala Mitjana’s shallow turquoise waters make it a popular choice for snorkeling and swimming.
7. Nogales is a picturesque beach noted for its mountains and black volcanic sand. Due to the strong undertow and powerful current, the beach is ideal for surfers but is not recommended for swimming.
Have you traveled to any of the top beaches in Spain? Want to see more top beaches and top travel lists? Wondering where to travel next? We got you covered. Select different destinations and places based on travel lists, experiences, and inspirational photos in the Visited app. We’ll show you which countries have the highest number of places you wish to visit. So you can go down the list and optimize your travel plans.