If you love snorkeling and diving, you won’t want to miss these top10 most popular snorkeling destinations in the world, according to the travel app Visited. Visited is an interactive travel app that allows you to create your own map of places you’ve visited as well as discover new destinations and set travel goals.
- Cancun, Mexico is the most popular snorkeling destination in the world due to its expansive coral reefs and pristine waters. Explore underground caves, swim with tropical fish, and revel in the sparkling waters of the Caribbean in Cancun.
- Bali, Indonesia draws tourists from around the globe to enjoy its natural beauty, including incredible snorkeling opportunities. Bali is part of the Coral Triangle, an area that includes an incredible variety of marine life, with 75 percent of the world’s coral species in the triangle, giving you nearly 600 different species to discover in your snorkeling adventures.
- Cozumel, Mexico serves up stunning, clear water and plenty of marine life in the warm waters of the Caribbean. You can enjoy the abundant coral reefs on your own or take a guided tour.
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and is the world’s largest coral reef. Take a dive or go snorkeling in the vast blue waters of the Great Barrier Reef, which includes over 900 islands, 3,000 separate reefs, and a vastly diverse range of marine life.
- Phuket, Thailand includes Thailand’s most popular beaches and snorkeling opportunities. The crystal clear waters and variety of marine life continue to draw water-loving tourists from around the globe.
- Florida Keys, United States offers pristine waters and beautiful snorkeling opportunities. Enjoy swimming with tropical fish, sea turtles, stingrays, and more in the coral reefs of the Florida Keys.
- Red Sea is a saltwater inlet of the Indian Ocean nestled between Asia and Africa. The Red Sea Riviera off the coast of Egypt is one of the most popular snorkeling destinations in the world, featuring breathtaking views along the clear reefs and a vast array of marine life.
- California, United States includes lots of snorkeling opportunities in the reefs along the state’s 840 miles of stunning coastline. Some of the most popular snorkeling destinations in California range from Glass Beach in the north to Monterey to La Jolla Cove in southern California.
- Cenotes, Mexico. Cenotes are natural deep water wells fed by rainwater and underground rivers. There are thousands of cenotes in Mexico with the majority located in the Yucatan Peninsula. Enjoy breathtaking views while snorkeling and diving in the pristine waters of cenotes in Mexico.
- Phi Phi Islands is an island group of six islands in Thailand that includes beautiful clear waters for snorkeling and scuba diving and a stunning array of marine life as the islands are part of the Coral Triangle.
Have you been to any of the most visited snorkeling destinations? Create a map of snorkeling spots you’ve been to and start planning your next snorkeling trip with the Visited travel app.