The Caribbean is world-renowned for its stunning white sandy beaches and sparkling water. The travel app Visited has ranked the most popular beaches in the Caribbean based on over 1.75 million app users. You can scroll through top travel lists, mark off where you’ve been, and save your desired travel destinations using the Visited app. Visited also has customized travel stats and maps so you can track your travel progress and plan getaways.
These are the most popular beaches aruound the Caribbean according to Visited:
- Cancun, Mexico is the top Caribbean beach destination and the number one beach in the world to visit. The all-inclusive resorts, budget-friendly prices, and lively nightlife make Cancun a favorite spring break destination for students.
- Punta Cana is the second most popular beach in the Caribbean. With 20 miles (32 km) of pristine beaches, Punta Cana is a prime place for windsurfing, kayaking, sailing, and lounging at the all-inclusive resorts along the Coconut Coast.
- Montego Bay on the north coast of Jamaica includes beautiful beaches such as Doctor’s Cave Beach and Walter Fletcher Beach as well as incredible snorkeling and diving in Montego Bay Marine Park.
- Ocho Rios in Jamaica is the fourth most visited beach in the Caribbean. Ocho Rios has all-inclusive beach resorts and lively beaches like James Bond Beach, which is popular for windsurfing, tube rides, jet skiing, banana boat rides, parasailing, and beach volleyball.
- Varadero in Cuba has breathtaking beaches, including Varadero Beach, also called “Blue Beach,” due to its sparkling blue waters.
6. Negril in Jamaica has soft, white sandy beaches and year-round warm weather. Negril Seven Mile Beach is one of the most popular beaches on the island, with resorts along the beach and sparkling water for swimming or enjoying water sports.
7. Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic has more than 78 miles (126 km) of golden sandy beaches and azure blue waters.
8. Cayo Coco is an island just off the north coast of Cuba with fine white sandy beaches, clear water, and exquisite snorkeling and scuba diving.
9. Pink Sands Beach in the Bahamas has a unique pink hue due to crushed seashells coloring the sand. The beach is the ninth most visited in the Caribbean.
10. Pig Beach is located on an uninhabited island in Exuma, the Bahamas. The island has become a popular attraction due to its feral pigs that swim and play in the water.
Have you been to some of the most popular beaches in the Caribbean? Want to see more top travel destinations? Wondering where to travel next? We got you covered. Select different destinations and places based on travel lists, experiences, and inspirational photos. We’ll show you which countries have the highest number of places you wish to visit. So you can go down the list and optimize your travel plans.