Traveling is an important part of life for gaining new experiences and expanding your horizons. Traveling provides you with wonderful sentiments as well as a plethora of wonderful memories that will enrich your life. Traveling is also important for getting to know yourself better, building self-confidence, and becoming conscious of the world’s wonders.
With the help of mobile apps, life has become much easier today. Gone are the days when you had to bring a travel map with you when you went somewhere. You can now see where you are and instantly check your destination with a simple touch of your device.
Traveling is made easier with the help of useful travel applications. They give you access to information that will make your travel go more smoothly. With that, Visited is a great travel app to have on your phone.
This article will discuss the most visited countries. If you are planning for your next travel destination, read on as this can help.
Traveling Stats Report
Before getting into the specifics, it is worth noting that the statistics presented are based on 1,200,000 worldwide Visited users and 200,000 US Visited users.
The Visited App, which is available for free on iOS and Android, collected all data. This percentage came from dividing the total users by the number of people who intend to visit or have visited the country. Only countries with over 10,000 app users get included in the average number of countries. The Want Vs. Have Been Ratio gets estimated for any destination with at least 1,000 people who wished to go.
Finally, they gathered COVID data by comparing the total percentage of users who updated the app since March 2020 with the total percentage of users before the COVID-19 outbreak.
Here are the findings:
- The Average Number of Countries a Person has Visited: Travelers from Switzerland and Sweden are the most well-traveled. Russians have traveled the least, visiting only 14 countries. Furthermore, 60% of overseas users have visited France. Europe is home to the world’s most popular tourist destinations. Moreover, the United States came in sixth place globally, with 44% of travelers visiting. Apart from the United States, Mexico is the most popular non-European country.
- The Country Most Travelers Want to Visit: The majority of tourists wish to go to Australia. Travelers choose to visit places such as Australia, Japan, New Zealand, and Iceland, which need long-haul flights to reach.
- The Country Users Want to Visit and those who have Been: The most desired but least visited nations are challenging geographically. There are eight times as many people in the top eight countries who want to travel as people who have traveled. It is worth noting that, except Antarctica, they are all islands, such as the South Pacific Islands.
For American Travelers,
- It is unsurprising that Mexico and Canada, which border the United States, have received the most visitors. Following that comes France, which is well-liked by people of many nationalities. Only countries from North America and Europe make the top ten list.
- Furthermore, Australia, Greece, and New Zealand are the top three most desired destinations for Americans, with 55% visiting each.
For travel during COVID,
- During COVID, citizens of the United Arab Emirates are the most well-traveled users. During the Pandemic, only 6.5% of all users traveled worldwide. Moreover, China, South Korea, and Taiwan have traveled the least among Asian countries throughout the Pandemic.
- The bulk of those who went on vacation did it in Europe or the United States. During COVID, the most popular countries to visit are Italy, Spain, and Greece.
- Despite travel restrictions, Americans continued to flock to Europe during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Travelers rely on their phones more than ever when it comes to planning and taking vacations. Travel apps are not just a great way to get ideas for trips, but they are also great for booking and organizing logistics.
Many travel applications are clogging up the Android and Apple app stores these days, which is an issue because most are terrible. For a reliable travel map and more, download Visited on iOS or Android!