The travel app Visited by Arriving In High Heels Corporation highlights the sought-after adventures in New Zealand. According to over 1.9 million Visited users, New Zealand is the world’s third most wished-for country to visit and the 54th most visited country. The island nation offers magnificent natural views and plentiful adventure travel opportunities.
Visited allows users to check off famous sites and experiences by different travel categories, you can uncover new destinations by viewing different photos and adding them to your list, check off places on your personalized travel map and see your customized statistics. For those trying to remember your vacation spots, to discover new ones or to plan your next gateway, Visited can help. Visited is available on iOS or Android.
These are the top adventure travel destinations in New Zealand according to Visited users:
- Milford Sound is ranked the world’s tenth most visited place for rock climbing and the top rock climbing destination in New Zealand. The South Island area includes Mitre Peak, which offers incredible views and a challenging climb.
- Kaikoura is the most popular whale-watching spot in New Zealand and the seventh most visited worldwide. The coastal South Island town is known for its sperm whale population and also has orcas, dolphins, humpback, blue, and southern right whales.
- Waitomo Caves is the tenth most visited natural phenomenon in the world according to Visited users. The expansive network of underground caves offers endless possibilities. The Glowworm Caves have thousands of glowworms that light up the caverns.
- Wine country in New Zealand includes the lush Hunter Valley, Yarra Valley, Marlborough, and more. The country is known for its dry, medium-bodied sauvignon blanc wines.
- Skiing is another popular activity for adventure travel in New Zealand. With scenic slopes in Aoraki / Mount Cook, Mount Buller, Coronet Peak, and more, the country has pristine snow-capped mountains and a wide range of slopes for all skill levels.