Australia is the number one most wished-for country to travel to and the 30th most visited according to the Visited app, a travel map app which has over 1.5 million users. You can check off places you’ve been, set travel goals, discover new destinations, and get a personalized map of your travels using the app.
The Land Down Under has breathtaking beaches, world-class surfing, and plenty of remarkable art and architecture in cities like Melbourne and Sydney. Australian travelers enjoy exploring the world, with the top 10 countries to visit from Australia ranked below:
- The UK is the top country to visit from Australia, attracting tourists to the iconic museums, restaurants, and sites in London as well as the ancient ruins at Stonehenge and the Roman Baths.
- France is the second most visited country for Australian travelers. Beautiful architecture, world-famous art, the Eiffel Tower, and tantalizing food and wine make France a tourist mecca.
- The U.S. ranks third on the list for Australians, drawing in visitors to the skyscrapers and museums in New York City and the beaches, mountains, and canyons in California.
- Italy is the fourth most visited country to travel to from Australia. With a mild Mediterranean climate, fresh Italian cuisine, and iconic ruins in Rome, there are plenty of things to see and do in Italy.
- Germany is the fifth most popular destination to visit from Australia. The Western European country is home to picturesque mountains, rivers, and forests and also has medieval villages and castles and big-city attractions in Berlin, Hamburg, and Munich.
6. Thailand is the sixth most visited nation for Australians, offering pristine beaches, grand Buddhist temples, ancient ruins, tropical forests, delicious cuisine, and vibrant city life in Bangkok.
7. New Zealand ranks seventh for Australian tourists. The island nation beckons visitors with stunning natural beauty, offering hiking, water sports, beaches, and plenty of kiwi fruits. The cities also offer plenty of entertainment, with iconic Sky Tower yachts, and bars in Auckland and museums, a harbor, and waterfront promenade in Wellington.
8. Spain is the eighth most popular country to visit from Australia. The Southern European nation has beautiful beaches, distinct art and architecture in Barcelona, and palaces and museums in Madrid.
9. Indonesia is the ninth most visited nation for Australians, with lush tropical islands, pristine beaches, historic temples, and Bali, one of the most popular destinations for sightseeing.
10. Singapore is the tenth most visited country from Australia. The Southeast Asian nation is a global financial center with grand modern architecture, perfectly manicured parks and public spaces, and a world-class airport with luxury amenities.
Have you been to any of the top 10 countries to visit from Australia? You can create a scratch map of your travels, map out places you’d like to go, and browse top travel lists for inspiration using the Visited app.