The top romantic spots around the globe offer stunning views, rich histories, and the feeling of romance in the air. These are the most visited romantic destinations based on Visited users. Visited is a top travel app with over 1.8 million international users. You can map your dream getaway, plan your next trip, and track your travels using the Visited app.
The most romantic cities in the world, according to Visited, are:
- Paris is the most popular romantic destination in the world. Nothing is more romantic than the Eiffel Tower illuminated at night and strolling by cafes in the streets of Paris. You can walk along the Canal Saint-Martin to soak up the city’s beauty and find the perfect place for a kiss along the Seine.
- Rome is the second most visited romantic city. The best romantic place in Rome is Via Margutta, a charming street with art galleries, boutiques, and cafes. Stroll down the cobblestone street towards the Spanish Steps for incredible city views.
- Venice is one of the most romantic cities in the world, renowned for its iconic Bridge of Sighs and scenic canals. Take a stroll hand-in-hand across the bridge or float beneath it in a gondola for a truly unforgettable experience.
- New York City is the top U.S. city for romantic settings. The most romantic spot in NYC is the Bow Bridge in Central Park. Take a peaceful evening stroll hand-in-hand with your loved one over the bridge, and stop by a nearby cafe for a nightcap after you leave the park.
- Las Vegas’ hot air balloon ride over the city is one of the most romantic things in Sin City. Pack a picnic to enjoy during your flight, and revel in incredible views of the city and surrounding canyons.
- Verona is one of the most romantic spots in the world. The Italian city is the setting for the most famous love story in the world, Romeo and Juliet. Visiting Juliet’s House is a must for couples. Arrive early to avoid the crowds and enjoy an unforgettable experience.
- Miami is a vibrant tropical city with endless nightlife, beaches, shopping, and world-class dining experiences. Take a helicopter ride over the city for the ultimate romantic experience. Afterward, stroll along the beach to a romantic dinner for two.
- Bruges is a city for lovers, with canals, medieval architecture, and cobblestoned streets. Take a romantic stroll around Minnewater Lake or ride a boat through the canals to an intimate restaurant for a romantic evening.
- Lake Como is home to the stunning Mountain Sighignola. The Italian city is the ideal getaway for couples. Stroll through charming villages, watch the sunset over the lake, and enjoy time together in this easy-to-plan romantic destination.
- Santorini is the tenth most popular romantic destination in the world. The Greek island offers splendid sunsets in Oia and Imerovigli and incredible local wine to sip together.