Turkey is a beautiful country with a rich mix of cultures and history, spanning Asia and Europe. Turkey is the 12th most visited nation in the world according to the travel app Visited, which has over 1.65 million international users. You can mark off places you’ve been, browse top travel destinations around the world, and see your personal travel stats using the Visited app.
Turkish travelers enjoy visiting countries around the world, with the top 10 countries to visit from Turkey ranked below:
- France is the top destination for Turkish tourists. With iconic landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, and the Champs-Elysee in Paris as well as delectable cuisine and wine, France has something for everyone to enjoy.
- Italy is the second most visited country for Turkish travelers. The Southern European nation boasts a mild Mediterranean climate, remarkable ancient ruins like the Colosseum in Rome, and world-famous food and wine.
- Germany is the third most popular destination for travelers coming from Turkey. The Western European country offers historic castles and medieval villages and plenty of entertainment in the cities of Berlin, Munich, and Cologne. Germany’s annual Oktoberfest also draws beer and festival lovers from around the world.
- Spain is ranked as the fourth most visited country for Turkish travelers. From the modernist architecture of Antoni Gaudí’s landmarks in Barcelona to the Royal Palace and Prado Museum in Madrid, Spain has a lot to offer.
- The Netherlands is the fifth most popular destination for tourists coming from Turkey. From the Red Light District and canals in Amsterdam to the windmills, tulip fields, and cycling routes across the country, the Netherlands is a popular place to visit.
6. Greece is the sixth most visited country for Turkish travelers. The Mediterranean nation has a rich history with ancient ruins like the Acropolis as well as beautiful beaches and a warm, welcoming climate.
7. Austria ranks as the seventh most popular destination for people traveling from Turkey. With historic palaces and museums in Vienna as well as parts of the Alps, Austria has plenty to explore.
8. The UK comes in eighth on the list. England offers endless entertainment, food, and museums in London as well as historic castles throughout the country. Scotland draws visitors to its iconic castles and picturesque natural landscapes.
9. The U.S. is the ninth most visited country for Turkish tourists and the only non-European nation in the top 10. The United States has a wide array of tourist attractions, ranging from the Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty in New York City to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Disneyland in Los Angeles.
10. Belgium is the tenth most popular destination for Turkish travelers. The Western European nation has medieval towns, world-renowned chocolate, and a mix of cultures, with French, Dutch, and German-speaking areas.
Have you been to any of the top destinations to visit from Turkey? You can discover bucket list places, set travel goals, and get a printed map of your travels using the Visited app.